Monday, October 31, 2011

This is not Halloween

(Try singing that to the tune from Nightmare Before Christmas, it makes more sense. I hope. In my head it still does at least)

They don't really do Halloween here in Australia.

Or at least they don't do it in Tasmania. I can't honestly speak for the rest of the country.

I'm not a HUGE Halloween fan, but I do love the general fall decorations, carving pumpkins, and dressing up to hand out candy to cute little kids (and lame older ones who can't be bothered dressing up). And the fun kiddie Halloween specials (It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown!, Under Wraps, and Goosebumps. I still can't stand horror movies).

I did see SOME Halloween decorations go up around here. In... one.... house. And it was a very sad attempt.

They don't do Thanksgiving here, either (really, it's only an American holiday. And Canadian too for some reason?). So it's not exactly an atrocity that stores started putting out all their Christmas gear last month. I mean everything. Ornaments, fake trees, those little gift baskets of stuff you get for someone you don't know what to get a gift for.

I do really miss my typical fall (minus the cold, though I COULD go for a crunchy leaf and a caramel apple and apple cider doughnut from Jonamac Orchard).

No comments:

Post a Comment