Monday, September 5, 2011

It's A Bugs After-Life

There are a few new pests here in Australia that I didn't have to worry about when I lived in Illinois.

Various poisonous spiders, scorpions, some of the most venomous snakes in the world. And large ants.

Our previous house (yes, we've moved again and I haven't yet posted photos anywhere of either house) had an infestation of "piss ants". They get the name because when you smash them they smell like, well, the name. Thankfully, since it's winter here, they smell almost like coconut oil instead.

Some "Ant Rid" took care of them in a matter of days and
after that, and the only spiders I saw in the house were already dead and crunchy.





Our new house has a whole new set of possible pests: scorpions, inchmen, and wasps. And wood lice, but I'm ok with them since they're basically idiotic rollie pollies.

Thankfully, my mother in law told me about this wonderful spray that you put around the outside of windows and doors, and it lasts for up to six months, and kills anything that touches it.
I love you Baygone....

Like this Inchman. It got maybe 4 feet into the house before
it died.

No comments:

Post a Comment